Travel and Lodging Info
Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) airport is served by most major airlines, as well as Air Tran, Southwest, Spirit, and Sun Country. For a complete list, check the MSP Airport website: http://www.mspairport.com/airlines.aspx.
- Holiday Inn Downtown Saint Paul. The Center for Irish Music has a special rate of $109+tax per night. To claim this special, visit this MIM booking link, call 651-225-1515 or 1-800-Holiday and ask for the Minnesota Irish Music Weekend rate. (The group code is MIM).
- Best Western PLUS Bandana Square. Located very close to The Center for Irish Music with complimentary breakfast. There are no special rates for MIM. Call 651-647-1637 for reservations.
Coffee and Treats
- Ginko Coffeehouse (1 mi.) 721 N. Snelling Ave, 651-645-2647. Live music.
- Lucy Coffee Cafe (1 mi.) 540 Fairview Ave.
- Groundswell Coffee (1.7 mi.) 1340 Thomas Ave, 651-645-6466
- Cahoots Coffee Bar (2 mi.) 1562 Selby Ave, 651-644-6778.
- Kopplin's Coffee (2 mi.) 2038 Marshall Ave., 651-698-0457. Close to Izzy’s.
- Dunn Brothers (3 mi.) 1569 Grand Ave., 651-698-0618.
- Caribou Coffee (3 mi.) 68 Snelling Ave. S., 651-690-0083.
- Izzy’s Ice Cream (2 mi.) 2034 Marshall Ave., 651-603-1458. Voted best ice cream in the nation!
- Just Truffles (2 mi.), 1363 Grand Ave. 651-690-0075. Oprah’s favorite!
- Workhorse Coffee Bar (1.7 mil.) 2399 University Avenue W, Saint Paul, MN 55114
Irish Pubs in the Twin Cities
- The Dubliner. (1 mi.) 2162 University Ave. W., 651-646-5551. Limited menu.
- The Liffey. (5 mi.) 175 7th Street W., St. Paul, 651-556-1420. Located inside the Holiday Inn, downtown (above) with a fabulous outdoor patio.
- Patrick McGovern's Pub. (6 mi.) 225 West Seventh St., St. Paul, 651-224-5821.
- Merlins Rest. (3 mi.) 3601 E Lake, Minneapolis, 612-216-2419. Session on Friday evenings. Excellent whiskey list.
- Keegan's Irish Pub. (6 mi.). 16 University Ave. NE, Minneapolis. 612-252-0880. Session on Sunday at 6pm.
- Kierans Irish Pub. (7 mi.) 85 6th St N, Minneapolis. 612-339-4499. Music, bar, Irish fare.
- The Local. (7 mi.) 931 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, 612-904-1000.
- James J. Hill House. 240 Summit Ave., 55102. Tour the impressive home of the builder of the Great Northern Railway.
- Science Museum of MN. 120 Kellogg Blvd. W., 55102. Great exhibits, omnitheater.
- Guthrie Theater.
818 South 2nd St., Minneapolis,55415
- Minnesota History Center. 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., 55102. Interactive exhibits on the history of Minnesota.
- Minnesota Children’s Museum.
10 7th St W ., 55102. Kids will have a blast.
- Summit Brewery Tour. 910 Montreal Circle, 55102 Minnesota’s popular brew. Includes samples.
- Como Park Zoo. Minnesota’s oldest zoo (and it’s free!) Ride the restored carousel, visit the conservatory, take time for a picnic.
- Can Can Wonderland. Mini golf, art, food and more directly across the street from the Celtic Junction!
- Walker Art Center. 1750 Hennepin Ave., 55403. Premier center for modern art. Don’t miss the famous sculpture garden.
- Minneapolis Institute of Arts. 2400 3rd Ave. S., 55404. Classic art museum. Good café.
- Mill City Museum. 704 South 2nd St., 55401. Once the world’s largest flour mill.
- Newell Park. Beautiful family park near the Celtic Junction. Great for a picnic.
- Summit Avenue Walking Tour. St. Paul’s most historic street.
- St. Paul Gangster Tour. See where John Dillinger used to hang out.