updated 11/16/18 HCM
THANK YOU - Give to the Max Day 2018 was a complete success, and we are humbled by the generosity of our community! We met and exceeded our fundraising goal of $8,000 with the help of our students, community partners, and fans. Go raibh maith agat!
CIM WINTER 2018 LOGOWEAR - Order here via our online form, or pick up a paper form in the CIM lobby. Orders are due December 1, for products to be available by December 20. Questions? Email Hannah Carr-Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOUTH RECITAL AND MIDWEST FLEADH PAGES UPDATED - Parents of youth and anyone interested in the fleadh should read the current information available on our fall youth recitals and Midwest Fleadh plans.
FALL LESSON REGISTRATION IS STILL OPEN - Fall Term runs September 4 - January 20. Questions? Email Hannah Carr-Murphy at email@example.com. To schedule a new lesson, fill out the new lesson inquiry form on the registration site.
- November 19-25 - Closed for Thanksgiving week
- December 1 - 3-5pm, Advanced Youth Ens. Concert
- December 1 - Logowear orders due
- December 7 - 7-9pm, Fall Adult Student Open Mic
- December 9 - 1pm, 2:30pm, & 4pm - Fall Youth Recitals
The Center for Irish Music welcomes students of any age and level! We love our students and are so happy to have you as a part of our traditional Irish music family. Please take a moment to peruse our website. In addition to information about the CIM, this website includes a wealth of information about the local Twin Cities Irish music scene. Here are some useful online spots, both for admin and music.
- Bookmark this page! - for student announcements, upcoming dates, performances etc.
- CIM's Facebook page is very active. "Like" our page and follow what we are up to.
- Important CIM Dates - we publish a pdf of important dates on our calendar page. We also do our best to keep our google calendar up to date (also on the calendar page).
- CIM newsletter - All CIM students are automatically signed up for our monthly newsletter. If you are not receiving our e-newsletter, please sign up on the newsletter page, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All newsletters are archived on our newsletter page.
- CIM Policies - if you ever need to refer to our policies for private lessons or classes, they are here!
- YOUR student portal!! You have a student portal with our online registration system, where you can access your account, see when your lessons are and view your past enrollment. Click on the "Student Portal" link at the upper right-hand corner of every page of our site! Contact us at email@example.com with any questions.
- CIM Common Repertoire - (under the "Resources" tab). Every few years, we develop an online resource of tunes for our students. This is a great place to learn tunes that your fellow students will know. We are currently working on a 2016 common repertoire.
- Recitals - we hold two recitals a year for all of our students and encourage ALL of you to participate. Our recitals are one of the BEST places to meet new musical friends and families.
- Local Sessions - be a part of the Twin Cities' vibrant tune-playing community by going to listen or play at a session! Don't be shy. . . You may even be able to convince your instructor to go with you—or maybe he or she is already there every week! Former CIM instructor Tom Lockney runs a learner's session at Keegan's pub on Sundays from 4-6pm that many of our students attend.
- Instruments FAQ page - there is a small amount of information about where/how to buy Irish traditional instruments and recommendations of local businesses that will help you with repairs. This information comes directly from our instructors - they are your best resource for any instrument-related questions!
- Local Music Competitions & Midwest Fleadh Cheoil pages - for those of you who benefit from the pressure of a good, solid deadine (that is likely most of you)! We highly recommend these opportunities, particularly for under-18 musicians, as a way to improve and increase your enjoyment of the music.
CIM Google Calendar
We keep this google calendar up to date with events, classes, workshops, board meetings and event planning committee meetings.
Visit this google document to learn about how to stay connected to things at CIM!