Great Session Experience
Friday, June 11th, 7:00pm FREE
The 2021 Great "Hybrid" Session Experience will bring together the Twin Cities Irish music community for three simultaneous in-person outdoor sessions around the Celtic Junction Arts Center.*
Musicians and non-musicians alike are invited to join in the fun! There will be a cash bar, a food truck starting at 6:30pm tbd (Saturday evening's food truck is Anchor Fish & Chips) and much merriment.
In-person attendees: Bring your instruments, your chairs, your masks, portable tables or drink holders and set yourself up in household groups (see session details below). Make yourself at home at any of the three sessions.
Virtual attendees: Tune into the Center for Irish Music's Facebook page or this webpage to play along. The session will start at 7:00pm and will be running until around 9:00pm CST. Prepare a special drink for yourself - a locally-brewed pint, a Club Orange or a spot of Irish whiskey. Together, we will play tunes and raise a glass to our MIM 2021 community.
- Outdoor Stage At-Speed Session - LIVE BROADCAST - John McCormick, Mary Vanorny and friends will lead an at-speed session (with subtle amplification) from the outdoor stage. This will be broadcast live on Facebook and from the CIM website for at-home participants to play along with.
- East Side lot - the Keegan's Learner Session will host a session behind the Celtic Junction, near the alley. The acoustics are excellent in this location.
- Junior Session by the cell tower - CIM director, Norah Rendell will lead a 45-minute Junior session (masks required) at 7:00pm for our younger students. Remember to bring your chairs!
*COVID-19 precautions: We are an intergenerational community with children who are not yet able to be vaccinated, or who are partially vaccinated. As such, mask-wearing outside is optional OUTSIDE. Masks are required INSIDE the Celtic Junction Arts Center. The bulk of the event will take place outdoors.** Masks will be required for all musicians at the Junior session.
Bad Weather Plan
The bad-weather plan is to move indoors (see below). We'll make the call as soon as we can, and post updates here, and on our social media pages.
- Mary & John's session into CJAC studio 1, masks will be required (flute masks available from Ernest Threads here). Flute and whistle players who do not have masks will be permitted to play without a mask, ONLY if they are fully vaccinated.
- Keegans Learners Session moves to CJAC studio 2.
- Junior session moves online.